Re: NEC-LIST: minimization routine

From: Keith Lysiak <KLysiak_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 14:21:46 -0500 (CDT)

>From the desk of Keith Lysiak <KLysiak_at_swri.edu>

        I strongly suggest tooking at Genetic Algorithms. There are
several available on the internet. I use the one from the Air Force
Academy web site. I also suggest Randy Haupt's book "Practical
Genetic Algorithms".

End of Message

---------- Original Text ----------

From: "Naftali Herscovici" <naftali.herscovici_at_spke.com>

I'm looking for a minimization routine for constarined multi variable
(real numbers). I'm trying to do ray-tracing through n layers
(defined by analytical formulas, so I can calculate the derivatives).
One could do the trigonometry for a certain geometry, but I intend to
use different formulas for the layers, so this mean that the
"trigonometry job" would be necessary for each case. I was going to
use Fermat's principle to minimize the function for the ray-path
intersecting the n layers.