Re: NEC-LIST: VSAT and Radar

From: Tim Foo <fwj_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 09:23:08 +0800

> We have to implement a VSAT in the vicinity of the radar. However,
> we need to select an installation location, based on the VSAT
> performance and its impact to the radar, in term of the mutual
> interference, near field strength and far field radiation pattern.

In Electromagnetics, this sounds like a co-site problem. I would
strongly suggest a very careful look at the front end design of the
VSAT (Is it C (4 GHz) or Ku (12GHz) band?) before leaping into
creating a model for your radar antenna. I presume that the radar is
in the 2-3 GHz band?

Well unless the two is cosited within a meter or so of each other it
is really the far-field we are interested in.

cheers
:-)

Tim Foo