NEC-LIST: VSAT and Radar

From: Chong, Kwan Meng <mdeng_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 1999 03:45:19 +0800

We have to implement a VSAT in the vicinity of the radar. However, we
need to select an installation location, based on the VSAT performance
and its impact to the radar, in term of the mutual interference, near
field strength and far field radiation pattern.

We intend to simulate the radar antenna by NEC2 and the VSAT antenna
by OSU-REF. The NEC2 and OSU-REF results will be used as the NEC-BSC
input to determine the performance of the VSAT antenna in the complex
environment.

Anybody has any comments on our approach to this problem? Or anybody
has done something like this before

We would appreciate it if anybody can advise us on any references for
such a problem.

Thank you,

Chong, Kwan Meng

Email: medeng_at_singnet.com.sg