Re: NEC-LIST: NEC codes

From: Juergen v.Hagen <Juergen.vonHagen_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2000 09:26:02 +0100

"Lindsey, Phillip A" wrote:

> I am trying to get a feel for some of the codes out there and their
> simplicity (cad input, shapes, etc.) usefulness, accuracy, and speed.
> I will be modeling fairly large objects (10 - 20 wavelengths typical)
> and was wondering about products like SuperNEC, EMC2000, EMPIRE, KCC
> microstripes or any others. If anyone has experience with several or
> all of these and would like to rank these, rate these, or give any
> input on them, I would greatly appreciate it.

Talking about codes: you might also consider FEKO, written by the
University of Stuttgart and sold by EMSS South Africa
http://www.emss.co.za/

I personally have used the previous version a couple of time, and I
very much like it. It is very useful, includes several high-frequency
models combinable with the usual MOM core, and a user
interface. Whereas the version I used to use had a quite simple user
interface (but more features than I needed at that time), the new
interface is great and allows easy input and output of data.

Many subscribers to the list know that I commonly refer to the tools
by EMSS. I would like to stress that I do not have any interests in
the company, that I do not work with or for them, but that I just like
the tools they sell.

cheers
juergen