Re: NEC-LIST: Radiation

From: David Fluckiger <ulrich_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 17:45:50 -0600

Edmund,

Thanks for the reply. I see you are talking about an impulse response
in the time domain (say with an FDTD calculation?). Didn't Harmuth
investigate impulsive 'dipole' radiation. It seems his explanation is
similar to yours, though it has been many years since I've read his
book. Even so, I was considering a sinusoidal excitation where the
current vector is everywhere continuous along the dipole, but has
sinusoidal amplitude. NEC2 of course considers the latter type (on a
segment), with the possibility of voltage discontinuities, implemented
at the junction instead of on the segment, I think.

regards,
Dr. David Fluckiger