Re: NEC-LIST: Segmentation Near Sources?

From: Chuck Counselman <ccc_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 10:04:32 -0500

> I've seen it suggested that the segments on either side of a source
> should be the same length as the source segment. An inverted V
> dipole is often used as an example. In those examples, a short wire
> of three segments is used to satisfy the condition.
>
> Should I be using the same technique for fan or cage dipoles as
> well?
>
> What about vertical monopole antennas (either with or without
> elevated ground planes)?

I believe that it's even more important to do so in the case of a fan
or cage dipole, where multiple-wire junctions occur. Ditto for a
monopole base-fed against "ground-plane".

Suggestion: If you're wondering, just do an experiment; try it both
ways and see what happens, esp. to the source impedance. The great
thing about computer simulation is that it's so quick and easy to
experiment.

-Chuck W1HIS