Re: NEC-LIST: Current Sources

From: Chuck Counselman <ccc_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 09:25:14 -0500

Marcelo Lipas Augusto" <m_lipas_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to describe a linear array with some uniformly spaced
> current point sources excited with equal magnitudes and a quadratic
> phase variation. How do I describe this phase variation using NEC??
> Should I model this problem using voltage sources? How do I model a
> current source using voltage sources?

If you simply use voltage sources, you won't get the currents you
want. Use current sources. To make current sources, connect voltage
sources through transmission lines each exactly one-quarter wavelength
long. Alternatively you can connect voltage sources through two-port
networks with admittances y11=y22=0 and y12=y21=1 (I think; I never
use two-ports myself; for some reason long ago I got in the habit of
using TLs.)

-Chuck W1HIS