Re: NEC-LIST: Quad Modelling

From: D.Robinson,DGMEPM DMMS 8-3-4,819-994-8487,0600 <mail172d_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 10:37:48 -0500 (EST)

Greetings Hamish:

Although I am not familiar with the program you are using, what I
think I know about NEC and quads raises these observations:

1] are you observing the maximum segment length criterion
(wavelength/10);

2] using an odd number of wire segments per side (or at least on the
driven side) allows you to place the excitation in the centre of the
side; and

3] I think the drive-point impedance of the antenna as you described
it is considerably greater than 50 Ohms so 2.5:1 at resonance sounds
reasonable.

However, since this is a multi-band antenna, when you "build" the rest
of it, the impedance will change because of the "stub" effect
contributed by the other antenna (if antenna is fed with one co-axial
cable) and/or just the nearness of the other elements, and the
parasitic elements et cetera ...

FWIW;
DaveR