Re: NEC-LIST: Which part of the dipole radiates most?

From: Dan Bathker <dab_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2000 12:47:49 -0800

JRB:

Thank you very much for the moving displays.

Two questions, please:

1) One presumes a similar display of S-sub-y ("up" direction in the
center movie) should present the same result as S-sub-z. S-sub-y
calculations and display would provide a convenient check. Has this
been done? (Likewise of course, S-sub-x should show zero).

2) The observer is seeing S-sub-z on a plane 1/20 of a wavelength
broadside to the wire orthogonal to the observer. Would seeing
S-sub-z on a plane farther from the wire, say, anywhere out to the
radius of the "Wheeler cap" (lambda/2Pi), lead to the same conclusion?

Best regards

Dan Bathker