Re: NEC-LIST: Remarkable new patent

From: Jos R Bergervoet <Jos.Bergervoet_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 14:00:51 +0100

Lawrence Weinstein, N3STR, wrote:

> This patent sends my BS-o-meter off the scale. It seems to me
> Bottom line: This thing is junk. The patent office should have
> requested a prototype.
>
> -Lawrence Weinstein, N3STR

Watch out! Obtaining a patent does not mean that your idea is useful,
only that you are the first who has had it.

Therefore, the patent office should only check whether you are the
first, not whether the idea is good. It's more like a copyright issue
than a quality award.

Greetings,
Jos

--
  Dr. Jozef R. Bergervoet                      Electromagnetism and EMC
  Philips Research Laboratories,             Eindhoven, The Netherlands