Re: NEC-LIST: Remarkable new patent

From: Lawrence Weinstein <CrazyLeddy_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2000 08:08:24 -0500 (EST)

This patent sends my BS-o-meter off the scale. It seems to me (please
correct me if I'm wrong) that this thing basically consists of two
opposing magnetic fields, a heat source, and a coil which let the
signal "into another dimension". Now, the problem with this is that
the inventor thinks that a coil can accelerate electromagnetic waves
to superluminal speeds. Well, while a coil would work with charged
particles, photons are non-charged, so this would not work. And, as
evidenced at atom smashers around the world, no accelerator can make
anything move faster than light, at least classically. To make things
even worse, the patent does not even specify a reception mechanism.

Bottom line: This thing is junk. The patent office should have
requested a prototype.

-Lawrence Weinstein, N3STR