Re: NEC-LIST: Broadband impedance matching (Again)

From: N. Vardalahos <een9nv_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 01:33:31 +0000

Hallo everybody,

I just read the e-mail of David and I would like to state that I'm
facing a problem of design a broadband passive loaded monopole
antenna, because it is the first time that I'm dealing with these
antenna design.

I designed a simple monopole lamda/4 at 900MHz, I run my NEC code and
the outputs were as I expected. Now, I have to add some passive load
in order to make it work at 1800 MHz also.

Have you got any idea how I can calculate the distance of the loads
from the base? and How can I calculate the value of the loads at that
distance?

In order to add loads on the existing monopole antenna I have to use
only LD card of NEC or it has to be followed by another card, also.

David is it possible to tell me what is GRABIM technique? Can I use it
for broadband monopole antenna?

Any reference on any methods of loading monopole antenna is vital.

Thank you in advance
NIKOS
Nikolaos Hris. Vardalahos
Postgraduate Student