NEC-LIST: Simulating a *DC* EM problem

From: Chuck Counselman <ccc_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 15:34:40 -0500

I know how to simulate a radio-frequency problem using NEC, but how
can I simulate a direct-current (DC) problem? I have a
three-dimensional geometry that I can model by wires/segments, as in
NEC. For DC excitation, I want to find the magnetic field
distribution, the magnetic stored energy (or the inductance), etc.

Is there a program something like NEC, that I wouldn't have to pay
much for? (I've seen ads for expensive commercial products, but I'm
poor.)