NEC-LIST: Simulating a *DC* EM problem

From: Max J. Schmitt <mjschmit_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 10:45:43 -0500

Chuck,

I don't think you can model your problem with NEC since you talk about
DC excitation. I know of one inexpensive modeling software, called
MACSYMA PDEase. This program solves Partial Differential Equations and
provides graphics output of EM fields, etc.

It can only handle 2 D geometries, but if you can use cylindrical
coordinates, it could solve 3 D geometries. With this program, you
only have to put in your equations and boundaries, and it will
calculate all the parameters by Finite Element Method (FEM).

You can get details on the WEB as :

   http://www.macsyma.com or http://shop.macsyma.com

You can also buy the book : "Fields of Physics on the PC", by Gunnar
Backstrom from MACSYMA. It contains many examples for EM modeling.

Good Luck,

Max Schmitt
Cons.Eng.