Re: NEC-LIST: GPR antennas

From: Chip N1IR <Fractenna_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2000 03:10:36 -0400 (EDT)

jahoda_at_clark.net writes:

<<
We at Astron have tried various versions of what you have suggested,
but unfortunatly have never achieved the desired forshortening, plus
the bandwidth deteriorated. After much effort we realized the
technical problems. If anyone has achieved the desired square root of
the permeability I would love to hear about it?

Weren't you guys given Phase II SBIR's to make products from these,
after successful Phase I's? I remember some press touting your
prototypes. Did you find some other successful way of using ferrites
for loading? Any success at modeling?

73
Chip N1IR