Re: NEC-LIST: DECT Coverage in Metal Tunnel

From: Philipp Wertz <p.wertz_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2000 13:52:01 +0200

Hello,

> Leaky cable is another common implementation for tunnel
> coverage. Advisable to use it here?

Yes, I think so!

The problems of multiple reflections as well as the problems of
standing waves is diminished when using leaky cable.

> We are also interested to find out any simulation software available
> for us to study the coverage in this type of tunnel. Since the
> signal is reflected from the wall for different path, probably
> NEC-BSC could do the job, as it is employing ray tracing method. Has
> anybody adopted NEC-BSC for this kind of study?

Have a look at http://www.winprop.de.

The indoor ray tracing tool could be helpful for you. It also computes
the impulse response in arbitrary locations, which could help you to
understand what's going on. It would also give you the possibility to
test different antenna types in different positions.

Regards,

philipp wertz

| Dipl.-Ing. Philipp Wertz |
| Institute of Radio Frequency Technology |
| University of Stuttgart |
| |
| Pfaffenwaldring 47 FAX: |
| 70550 Stuttgart, Germany +49 (0)711 685-7412 |
| |
| WWW: http://www.ihf.uni-stuttgart.de |
| e-mail: mailto:wertz_at_ihf.uni-stuttgart.de |
| "Real programmers don't comment their code. |
| If it was hard to write it should be hard to read." |