Re: NEC-LIST: DECT Coverage in Metal Tunnel

From: FRANCESCO VILLANESE <FV.Villanese_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2000 13:07:21 +0100

Hello,

I am not surprised that you have not very good reception quality in an
environment like a metal tunnel when the terminal is in motion. Due
to the multipath propagation with very high reflection coefficients,
the power at mobile receiver can vary over very large range. Moreover,
because of the very high level of the signal echoes intersymbol
interference must be present in your system. Ray tracing able to
consider the radiation pattern of antennas can help you to understand
the tunnel coverage for both different kinds of antennas and different
positions. I am thinking of a normal dipole at the end of the tunnel
in order to use the tunnel guide effect. But, it is fundamental to
understand the impulse response of the channel: again, ray tracing
able to calculate the RMS delay spread time would be very useful.

We have a homemade ray-tracing that could be useful for you, if you
provide me all the information I can do some simulations for you.

Francesco