Re: NEC-LIST: Inverted-V

From: Chuck Counselman <ccc_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Sun, 09 Apr 2000 09:08:34 -0400

Quang <quang_at_ee.latrobe.edu.au> wrote:

> ...I want to model this inverted-V above ground such that the two
> arms do not coincide at the apex. Two arms are separated at apex by
> a distance of 0.2 m (horizontally, along y-axis), the arm length is
> the same (see below) and each arm also fed by a source similar to
> example above.
>
> Is it correct to do so ?
> - If not, why ? and what are possible solutions ?
>
> - If OK, what is the max separation distance between the two
> arms at apex ? . . .

I suggest modeling the 0.2 m horizontal piece by a wire having three equal
segments; put a single source in the center segment; and taper the segment
lengths of the sloping wires down by successive factors of two to match the
rather short segment length (about 0.067 m) of the horizontal wire.

-Chuck.