NEC-LIST: model of residential structures

From: Jim Lux <jimlux_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2000 12:30:15 -0700

I'm looking for information on modelling a house in the near field of
an antenna. I've found copious references for planes, ships,
automobiles, etc., which are essentially all metal boxes of one sort
or another.

The RF properties of the construction materials are not particularly
well known, but what I'm looking for is a more qualitative model that
you can put in, take out, and move around to see what sort of
sensitivity the antenna model has to the environment. I'm not going
to be trying to calculate the field strength inside the house to the
nearest 0.01 dB, for instance.

Would it be better to model it as a series of patches, or as a grid of
wires (perhaps with some resistive loading to represent the lossiness
of stucco on chicken wire?). Presumably one would model the windows as
apertures

The frequency range of interest is 1 MHz to 500 MHz.

Jim Lux
phone:818/354-2075 fax:818/393-6875
Spacecraft Telecommunications Equipment Section
Jet Propulsion Laboratory M/S 161-213
4800 Oak Grove
Pasadena CA 91109