Re: NEC-LIST: Windows version of MININEC?

From: James C. Logan <JCLogan0922_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 19:39:52 -0400 (EDT)

I would like to correct Mr. Lawrence Weinstein.

John Rockway and I (the original authors of MININEC) have published
several new versions of MININEC since 1995. Our latest versions, the
"Expert MININEC" Series are Windows applications. The "Expert
MININEC" uses triangular expansion functions in a Galerkin solution
rather than pulses (used in the old BASIC versions). The
computational engines are written in FORTRAN and the user interface to
Windows is in visual BASIC.

The new "Expert MININEC" has improved accuracy and speed over the old
BASIC versions. But it is not free.

Allow me to refer you to our publisher, EM Scientific, Inc., at

   http://www.emsci.com

for technical details, examples and ordering information.

Respectfully,

James Logan