NEC-LIST: Phase of currents on wires?

From: Richeson, Peter D <Peter.Richeson_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 11:54:57 -0500

I am trying to build a wire frame model of a 747. I have the model
and am trying to determine if it is valid. Freq. of interest is 2 MHz
and segments are between 9 and 20 inches with the majority between 15
and 20. No segment is longer than 20 inches.

It appears that the phase of the current on a wire is in reverence to
the wire direction. Example:

I have a junction where 5 wires meet. One if the wires contains the
source. It goes from ground to the node where all 5 connect. In all
the wire except the one containing the source, that place segment 1 at
the node the current is positive. All the wires where the segment at
the node is the last seg of the wire, the phase is negative. Two of
the wires form the ends of a loop. The phase of the current on the
wires that connect to the node with seg 1 are pos. The phase on wires
that connect to the node with the last seg of the wire are negative.
The phase at the top of the loop goes from pos. to neg.

I see this same pattern in other nodes. Is this a fluke or correct?

Thanks

Peter D. Richeson/KA5COI
S/V Engineer
(405) 739-1879
peter.d.richeson_at_boeing.com

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent.
It takes a touch of genius, and a lot of courage, to move in the opposite
direction. -- Albert Einstein