NEC-LIST: Design information on LPDA

From: <Mark.Miodus_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 08:27:58 -0500

In regards to my previous posting for information, I have clarified my
question due to several very helpful responses. My original question
was concerning a antenna at

  http://www.schaffner-chase.co.uk/antennas.htm

For example: Model CBL6143

This request does not pertain to the "bowtie" portion of the design
per se. That was described in a paper at ~ '96 EMC Roma. My question
is about the log-periodic portion only. The envelope of the dipole
lengths seems to follow an exponential or some sort of taper, and the
dipole spacing does not appear to follow the well-known Carrel/UIUC
design rules. What are the design rules for element length and
spacing here? Is this a new design concept for LPDA's?

Thank you,
Mark E. Miodus
RF Antenna Engineer

Email: mark.miodus_at_allgon.com