NEC-LIST: High gain antenna for EMC testing

From: Gunsaya, Ayhan (A.) <agunsaya_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 11:42:01 -0400

Dear All,

We are trying to design/purchase a (or a set of) high gain antenna for
automotive EMC testing. The basic requirement is to generate 200 V/m
in a frequency range of 200MHz to 1GHz, at a distance of 1m, using
400W. We currently have several low gain antenna (in the range of
5dBi ) and I estimate that increasing the antenna gain to around 10dBi
(measured at a distance of 1 m not in the far field) will give
sufficient results.

Can anyone recommend an antenna type that can do the job? We are
prepared to purchase the antenna if it is available off the shelf or
design and build one ourselves if it is a good concept but not
available commercially.

Thanks

Ayhan