Re: NEC-LIST: Unusual modeling problem (tunnels)

From: Dirk Didascalou <dirk.didascalou_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 16:13:32 +0200

Recently, my colleague "Juergen v.Hagen" forwarded to me several
e-mails from the NEC-LIST, all dealing with em-propagation and
propagation modelling in tunnels or tunnel-like structures.

Since I did my PhD work on this topic, the following might be of help
to some of you:

The entire thesis

"Ray-Optical Wave Propagation Modelling in Arbitrarily shaped Tunnels"

can be accessed via the web at:

 http://www.ubka.uni-karlsruhe.de/cgi-bin/psview?document=2000/elektrotechnik/2

(Don't worry, although the entry page is layouted in German the thesis
is written in English - just click on "Introduction" and start
reading...:-).

At the same site, you can download the thesis as PS, PDF of plain
text. The simulations were all produced by a (self-made) ray-tracing
tool specially designed to cope with the specific geometry of curved
tunnels (Sorry, no simulations with NEC!). In case of interest, just
contact me directly.

Parts of the result have also been published at IEEE VTC'99-FALL in
Amsterdam, the Netherlands, at IEE AP'2000 in Davos, Switzerland and
at IEEE VTC'00-Spring in Tokyo, Japan.

Regards,

Dirk Didascalou

--