NEC-LIST: How to model finite-size rectangular groun

From: Ylana Haarhoff <haarhoff_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Sun, 26 May 2000 15:25:57 +0200

Dear Puck Ja

Someone forwarded your request on NEC LIST to me. We have an EM
simulation package (based on NEC) called SuperNEC. Our code
implements the same GTD theory as NEC-BSC. SuperNEC can also handle
the small ground plane mentioned. Since it is a hybrid MoM-GTD code
we normally use wire grids to model small groundplanes like the ones
mentioned. SuperNEC has built-in "Assemblies" to generate a gridded
rectangular plate which makes this exercise easy.

You can download a free demo version of the software from

http://www.poynting.co.za/emsoft/supnec/intro.htm

We also have a Lite version of the software that costs USD 125 for
academic users and USD590 for commercial users. Both these prices
include a Matlab runtime license. The Lite version limits the user to
problems of 300 segments or less and will be adequate for your
problem.

Kind regards
Ylana Haarhoff

Poynting Software (Pty) Ltd