NEC-LIST: ANSI C63.022 and C63.5 (was: Site Attenuation Measurement / Antenna Factors ...

From: Wan Juang Foo <fwj_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 08:26:19 +0800

Well,
In theory, speaking off the cuff, for a start I think the FCC/ANSI the
input section bandwidth is 6 dB c.f. the front end of most Network
Analyser is 3 dB. It would be OK (same reading) if we are referring
to a narrowband source at the Tx end. I suppose (ANSI C63.022-1996?
and C63.5-1998? applies) if you are interested purely on the NSIL
(Normalised Site Insertion Loss) and AF, it may be considered as the
sweep frequency method. Can someone correct me on this.

Anyway, the standards are tailored for a noise source and is almost
never a passive in a realistic situation, unless you are calibrating
an antenna for it's AF a network analyser may be an overkill.

Tim Foo