Re: NEC-LIST: Helices

From: Bob Dixon <rdixon_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 16:31:33 -0400 (EDT)

The recent helix discussion has reminded me of something I have
wondered about for a long time. In the dim past I read a paper which
said that if you have a contrawound multiple-winding helix, it is not
necessary to insulate the windings from one another at the crossover
points. So for example if you have a left- and right- circular helix
wound along the same axis, one would normally wind them say on the
inside and outside of a thin dielectric cylinder. But the paper said
you could short the windings together at all the crossover points with
no effect.

Is this really true? If so it would simplify construction.

                                                Bob