NEC-LIST: Eddy current Simulation with Finite Element Method

From: You Se Ho <yous_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2000 02:21:06 -0600 (MDT)

Hello,

I would like to model eddy current in coupled microstrip structures (2
conductors and more) using Finite ELement Method (FEM.) I am trying it
with Dr. Konrad's paper [IEEE Trans. Vol. Mag-18, 1982 pp. 284] Is
there any one who has an experience to do this ?

Now I have problems like below,

 (1) I am not sure what the Newton-Cotes integration formula is
besides that I learned in Numerical class. And paper author says
row-wise matrix build up which I don't understand completely ?.

 (2) If I put w=0, then I get vector potential (and inductance) value
that well agrees with the value commercial software gives. However,
when I put w (angular frequency) =1 or above, I could get so small
vector potential. Is there any have some comment on it ?

 (3) Can I use the diffusion equaiton to mutiple conductors ? or do I
have to solve one conductor by one conductor ?

 (4) The matrix has huge condition number ?

 Thank you for your kind consideration.
 Sincerely,
 SE-HO YOU