NEC-LIST: Compiling NEC2 with Visual Fortran

From: Carlier, Paul <pcarlier_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 16:05:59 +0100

Dear Fellow CEMists,

I have recently purchased the Compaq (formerly DEC) Visual FORTRAN
(CVF) compiler as an alternative to Salford FTN77 in order to be able
to take advantage of the optimised LAPACK routines available for the
Intel processors. Because my copies of NEC have undergone several
modifications over the years, including i/o command changes to
accommodate FTN77, to test things out I thought I would start with the
unmodified source code of NEC2D from the ACES website.

NEC2D compiles okay with CVF but fails to run due to array out of
bounds errors, which are due to the use of the old assumed array
constructs in subroutines from FORTRAN 66, such as DIMENSION A(1).
FTN77 had a compiler option /OLDARRAYS which interpreted these as
DIMENSION A(*) but I cannot find an equivalent option in CVF. Does
anyone know of a quick way around this or do I have to modify all
offending occurrences of the problem in the source code?

Regards,

Paul Carlier
pcarlier_at_fanfield.co.uk