NEC-LIST: How to estimate execution time in NEC2

From: Abraham Rubinstein <abraham.rubinstein_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 10:48:28 +0200

I tried to run a model with almost 2800 segments using Wiregrid, a
graphic interface for NEC2. I selected 100 freq. steps. It gives me an
estimated execution time of 240 hours approx. Is this true????

I also tried with NECWin pro, witch gives no time estimation at all. I
stopped the program after 40 hours.

How can I estimate the execution time for a model?
Are there any key parameter to reduce this time?
I use a PIII 500 with 256 MB RAM.=20

Thanks.

Abraham Rubinstein
Power Systems Laboratory