Re: NEC-LIST: Passive Intermodulation in antennas

From: George Hagn <ghagn_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 15:17:36 -0400

Zvi, Ron, et al.:

I worked a PIM problem some years ago regarding PIM on aircraft. The
problem was that the circuitry coupling the transmission line inside
the aircraft to the antenna outside the aircraft had been fashioned
with several (3 as I recall) different metals. We fixed the problem by
using only one metal for all the parts. The Tline was a mechanical
connection, of course, so no solder was involved except for the tip of
the center pin of the coax.

Getting the "conversion efficiency" for the PIM depends on many things
and is best determined empirically for the case of interest.

Good luck.

George