NEC-LIST: The HEMAC drive for a tree-trunk antenna

From: EDMUND K MILLER <EKMILLER_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 12:07:08 -0700

Hello,

The recent exchange conerning using a tree as a vertical antenna (see
below) is very interesting. It reminds me (probably related to George
Hagn's experience) of some work reported by a person (whose name I
unfortunately can't remember) at Ft. Monmouth, NJ, also in the 1960s.
The "tree antenna" drive was described as a "HEMAC," basically a coil
loosely wound around the tree trunk. This method of drive apparently
worked, although I don't recall any further details. I imagine that
George might have more information about it. One interesting aspect
of this kind of drive is that possibly it might be used, although what
the input impedance would be is another matter, for other vertical
structures, maybe a lamp post for example, as a temporary, expedient
for a field antenna.

----
Dr. Edmund K. Miller
3225 Calle Celestial