RE: NEC-LIST: square current source

From: Juan Manuel Trillos <jmtrillos_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 17:08:12 -0500

Hello, Jose Luis Bermudez,

Sorry, but as far as I know, NEC-2 does not allow square current
sources. As a frequency-analysis-oriented program (MoM), it makes
single frequency calculation only. Also, it alloys stationary field
patterns calculation only. I had used NEC-2 to study shielding
performance of "Faraday cages" (Bad name for such thing, as
Faraday law is valid for electrostatic fields only) built with rebar
in high voltage switchyard kiosks.

For transient analysis, especially in something so complex as a
metallic structure (I suppose it is a building or civil structure) a
different mathematical tool shall be used.

Best regards,

Juan M. Trillos G.