NEC-LIST: clouds and static voltage

From: Grant Bingeman <DrBingo_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2000 20:37:50 -0500

Assume I can model a water-vapor cloud over ground as a parallel-plate
capacitor, and I have a wire with insulators suspended somewhere
between the capacitor plates (the cloud and ground). What form of 100
Hz (close to DC) excitation can I use in NEC4 to obtain a uniform
electric field of 3 kv/m between the plates? Do I need to use a
physically small current element located far from the capacitor, but
connected to the cloud and ground using the NT card?

Grant Bingeman