NEC-LIST: non-flat groundplane

From: John Blackburn <John.Blackburn_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 11:40:53 -0000

I'm trying to model the behaviour of an antenna over a ground plane
which is finite in size and not perfectly flat (corresponding to the
actual groundplane that we have). My idea for doing this is to build
up the ground plane out of wires and possibly also have one of NEC's
perfect ground planes underneath to simulate the actual ground
underneath the wire groundplane. Could anyone give me advice on this,
for instance how far should the wires of the wire grid be from the
infinite ground plane underneath; and is it ok to attach the edges of
the wire grid to the ground plane (to avoid reflections from these
edges)?

John.