Re: NEC-LIST: S11 to Z

From: Tom Bruhns <tom_bruhns_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 15:03:27 -0700

So...you didn't give us any hard numbers to work with, besides the
fact that you used an "82 ohm" resistor. First off, if your Z0
reference impedance is 50 ohms, and the resistor is actually 82 ohms,
non-reactive (highly unlikely...), I'd expect S11 to be
(82-50)/(82+50) = 32/132 = 0.2424...+j0 . Is that what your network
analyzer says? When I put that into your formula, I get Zin =
50*(1.2424/0.7575) = 50*1.64 = 82. So...that all looks good to me.
Perhaps by comparing those numbers with the numerical results you got
from your measurement you'll be able to see what's wrong...or perhaps
nothing is wrong!

Cheers,
Tom