Re: NEC-LIST: The Data for my test configuration

From: D. B. Miron <dbmiron_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 08:51:21 -0500

Good day Peter,

I took two of your data points and used MATLAB to do the calculations.
I used your formula for Z, written as a function, and C=1/(-X*2*pi*f).

f R X C, nF
100k 82.3 -161.3 9.87
2.011M 81.8 -7.89 10.025

Looks close enough to me. If you are getting these numbers, you're
doing the calculation correctly. If this is true and your antenna
results don't make sense, then you need to consider your test setup.
There has been a series of NEC postings over the past year on testing
small antennas. If you don't have them, or need further help, call
me. A phone discussion is more efficient than writing generalities in
the dark.

Doug Miron
218 467 3532