Re: NEC-LIST: Modeling an inductor

From: D. B. Miron <dbmiron_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2001 16:08:42 -0500

Good day Chuck,

I have used NEC2D and NEC4D to model both a single-turn loop and complex
toroidal helices, both electrically small. In both cases, I get results
that are reasonably close to analytically-derived formulas. I like NEC2D
better, though. I usually use 30 segments per turn, sometimes only 20 if
the runs are taking too long, to get a reasonably close geometry match.

As I have mentioned in other postings, the way I go is to write a program
that reads an input file describing the geometry and then generates a wire
list. This makes running a lot of cases fairly simple. I've done it so
many times now that writing the code seems pretty simple too.

Have fun.

Doug Miron