RE: NEC-LIST:helical ant. modeling

From: Steven Best <sbest_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 09:25:04 -0400

Cornel:

You may face a few issues in trying to model the impedance of the helix.

For a thin strip of width, w, the wire radius may be approximated 0.25w

You must also consider the effects of the dielectric substrate on the
impedance properties of the antenna. If you are trying to model the
impedance at a specific frequnecy, recognize that the substrate will shift
the "free space" performance lower in frequency. Any loss in the substrate
will also impact the impedance properties of the antenna.

Steve Best