RE: NEC-LIST:helical ant. modeling

From: Trevor Marshall <tm_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2001 08:06:39 -0700

Does anyone have any DATA on the Helix dielectric issue? If you wind the
helix on (for example) a lowloss PVC pipe, how much does it shift the
parameters? I have been told 15%, I don't beleive this for a minute. But
has anybody any real data?

My general feeling is that the travelling wave is travelling inside and
outside the helix, and a dielectric former probably doesn't make more than
5% difference - but this is pure speculation on my part.

..Trevor..