NEC-LIST:Proper Antenna Patterns

From: KLysiak <KLysiak_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 08:36:46 -0500

Colleagues,
        The complex (real and imaginary parts or amplitude and phase) antenna
patterns for transmit and receive antennas change with termination
impedance. Normally NEC uses an ideal conjugate matched source on transmit
antennas. If the antenna is fed with something other than an ideal conjugate
load (i.e. 50 ohm coax) its pattern will change.
        How can this be properly modeled in NEC? In particular, if we want to model
a LPDA that has internal transmission lines which we want to feed with a 50
ohm source. How do we a 50 ohm source to a segment that has an internal
transmission line on it?

Keith A. Lysiak, Ph.D.
Southwest Research Institute