RE: NEC-LIST:Proper Antenna Patterns

From: KLysiak <KLysiak_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 09:35:22 -0500

You are somewhat correct. Because an antenna has it own characteristic
impedance, the current distribution on the antenna is altered by the
"source" impedance whether it is a receive or transmit antenna. Altering the
current distribution in turn alters the pattern. This may not be noticeable
on a simple dipole but becomes quit noticeable in complex scattering
environments (even on simple Yagis).