RE: NEC-LIST:Proper Antenna Patterns

From: John B. Wood <wood_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 11:11:07 -0400

>You are somewhat correct. Because an antenna has it own characteristic
>impedance, the current distribution on the antenna is altered by the
>"source" impedance whether it is a receive or transmit antenna. Altering the
>current distribution in turn alters the pattern. This may not be noticeable
>on a simple dipole but becomes quit noticeable in complex scattering
>environments (even on simple Yagis).

I believe Mr./Dr. Rossi is correct. I've never encountered a
situation in which the antenna pattern is altered by a passive
terminating impedance. Of course the impedance at a given frequency
seen at the terminals (feedpoint) of an antenna depends upon antenna
geometry and the environment (any nearby metallic or dielectric
structures). Sincerely,

--
        __    __     ______       __   John Wood