NEC-LIST:mininec freeware?

From: Martin Alexander <martin.alexander_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 08:32:00 +0100

Dear Sir or Madam,
we use NEC4 (get the same answers as NEC2) to calculate the coupling
between dipole antennas above a ground plane. We started off with the
Artech House version of Mininec in 1988 but this is not very user
friendly (to set up the geometry).

Mininec is subtly different from NEC and I was wondering whether there
is a freeware version (of mininec).

One version we used for a while was Brian Beezley's but we have lost the
key and the contact details. We are looking at the differences in
coupling between Mininec and NEC for dipole antennas at frequencies down
to 30% of the resonant frequency.

are you able to enlighten me on the difference between NEC and Mininec,
some say that the latter gives more accurate impedances?

best regards
Martin Alexander

Martin Alexander tel: +44 (0)20 8943 7175
RF & Microwave Group & EMC fax: +44 (0)20 8943 7176
Mail point 1G-5, NPL, Teddington, TW11 0LW, UK
email: Martin.Alexander_at_npl.co.uk
Internet: www.npl.co.uk/npl/cem/rfmff/calibration/antenna.html