Re: NEC-LIST:RE: Richmond MOM Code

From: <HaroldLSJ_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2001 01:12:46 EST

George, Steven,

There is an interesting recent paper which used Richmond’s MoM (which uses
Galerkin’s method and piece-wise sinusoidal functions with the modified
Green’s function) on borehole dipoles at:
magnet.cneas.tohoku.ac.jp/satolab/ebihara/PublishedPapers/
2001/IGARSS2001.pdf

Harold L. Snyder, Jr.
Scientist & Consultant

Begin Included Message:
=============================

> Subj: NEC-LIST:RE: Richmond MOM Code
> Date: 10/15/2001 8:13:37 AM Central Standard Time
> From: ghagn_at_erols.com (ghagn_at_erols.com)
> Sender: nec-list-admin_at_gweep.ca
> To: sbest_at_cushcraft.com (sbest_at_cushcraft.com), chuckv_at_mail.airmail.net
> (chuckv_at_mail.airmail.net), nec-list_at_gweep.ca (nec-list_at_gweep.ca)
> CC: ghagn_at_erols.com (ghagn_at_erols.com)
>

> Steve:
>
> The Richmond Code was resurrected, and corrected, and made to run properly
> at
> the MITRE Corp. about 10 years ago. The reason was the study of HF vertical
> monopoles for use as receiving array elements in a super-Over-the-horizon
> radar that MITRE was then building the prototype for on a piece of property
> owned by the University of Texas. Mr. Melvin Weiner was the principal
> investigator. He is now retired, but is authoring a book on the subject, to
> supplement the book he did for Artech House. Mel is now retired from MITRE,
> but I believe he still has the Richmond Code. It is excellent for use when
> the
> groundplane is a solid circular disk.
>
> As an aside, Mel hired Bob Tanner, founder of TCI and coauthor of the
> concept
> paper that led to the wire antenna model (WIRA) written by Moens Andreasen
> of
> TCI and still in use today. Mel had Bob run WIRA on a lot of runs and he
> compared them with the Richmond Code runs for the same problem. The
Richmond