NEC-LIST:RE: Richmond MOM Code

From: <ghagn_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 10:15:51 -0400

Steve:

The Richmond Code was resurrected, and corrected, and made to run properly at
the MITRE Corp. about 10 years ago. The reason was the study of HF vertical
monopoles for use as receiving array elements in a super-Over-the-horizon
radar that MITRE was then building the prototype for on a piece of property
owned by the University of Texas. Mr. Melvin Weiner was the principal
investigator. He is now retired, but is authoring a book on the subject, to
supplement the book he did for Artech House. Mel is now retired from MITRE,
but I believe he still has the Richmond Code. It is excellent for use when the
groundplane is a solid circular disk.

As an aside, Mel hired Bob Tanner, founder of TCI and coauthor of the concept
paper that led to the wire antenna model (WIRA) written by Moens Andreasen of
TCI and still in use today. Mel had Bob run WIRA on a lot of runs and he
compared them with the Richmond Code runs for the same problem. The Richmond
Code was the more accurate in this comparison, as I recall, but it should be
in Mel's new book.

I dont know if Mel had email, but he still lives in the greater Boston area.

Hope this helps.

George