Re: NEC-LIST: Abuse

From: Prof Duncan Baker <dbaker_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 08:57:46 +0200

I have also been plagued by numerous spams - in particular the
infamous Nigerian Scam/Spam. I get the feeling that the lists have
been culled illegally from perfectly legitimate user lists. Short of
going to the trouble to register a new address, I see no easy way out.
Only one service provider has acted on my complaints. The alternative
of filtering out the service provider itself is not practical, because
many of us get perfectly legitimate e-mail routed through them.

None of the virus writers seem to be interested in performing a truly
public service by devising viruses specifically intended for spam
originators.

Duncan Baker.

Prof. Duncan C. Baker (Pr. Eng., FIEEE, FSAIEE, Sci. Nat.)
Dept. of Electrical Electronic and Computer Eng.,
University of Pretoria, 0002 Pretoria, SOUTH AFRICA.
 Editor, IEEE Region 8 News.
Region 8 Homepage - http://www.ewh.ieee.org/reg/8/ or
   http://www.ieee.org/regional/r8/
PHONE +27 12 420 2775 (OFFICE),  +27 12 361 7480 (HOME)
FAX   +27 12 362 5000 (OFFICE),  +27 12 348 5314 (HOME)
E-MAIL: University: dbaker_at_postino.up.ac.za
        IEEE alias address: duncan.baker_at_ieee.org
 Private server address:  apc_at_acenet.co.za
LOCAL STANDARD TIME = UT+2 HOURS