Re: FW: NEC-LIST:Help with NEC2D and all its variants runningon Windows XP

From: Ray Anderson <raymond.anderson_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 11:54:03 -0700

brent.dewitt_at_us.datex-ohmeda.com wrote:

> Do the new executables under XP eliminate the 256 MB memory limitation
> found when running under ME?
>
> TIA,

Someone correct me if they think I'm wrong, but the
"new" NEC2DX executables are compiled as win32 applications
and are _not_ DOS applications. As such they _must_ be run in
a "DOS Console window" from within Windows as they are really
Windows applications. Being a Windows application they should
be able to access all memory that Windows can access and not
be limited to the memory restrictions inherent in DOS.

Now whether the memory restrictions under XP are different than
under ME I can't say as I'm using 98 and 2000 and have never
used ME or XP.

-Ray Anderson