NEC-LIST: Nec2dx modules under XP

From: Beth Gardner/Dan Maguire <bethdan_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 13:25:50 -0700

Ray Anderson wrote:

> Now whether the memory restrictions under XP are different than
> under ME I can't say as I'm using 98 and 2000 and have never
> used ME or XP.

I've done a fair amount of testing of Ray's Nec2dx modules under both XP
and ME and can say they seem to run just fine under both operating
systems. Testing was done on a Pentium 4 with 512 MB RAM using XP and
on a Pentium 3 with 256 MB RAM using ME. No problems.

<Begin blatant plug>
I did the testing using MultiNEC, allowing me to make side by side
(actually over/under) tests with the same model but using different
calculating engines. For example, I ran tests for all the models that
are included in the EZNEC antenna samples folder. For each model I ran
a test case using the well-proven EZNEC NEC-2 engine and then ran a
second test case using Ray's Nec2dx modules. That made it easy to see
that the results were nearly identical, with only minor variations due
to 1) single precision (EZNEC) vs double (Nec2dx) and/or 2) a minor
difference in the constant used for the speed of light in the two engines.

Details on MultiNEC may be found at www.qsl.net/ac6la . MultiNEC is
free but requires Excel 97 or later. To use Ray's Nec2dx modules
requires a small change to the calling "bat" file. Contact me directly
for more details.
<End blatant plug>

Dan, AC6LA