NEC-LIST:Loading parasitic elements

From: Tim Brown <t.brown_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2002 19:38:23 +0100

Dear NEC List,

Hi I'm a newcomer so apologies if something like this has already been
covered in the past. I've been doing NEC simulations with parasitic
elements, for example a half wavelength dipole with a parasitic one close
to it (say 0.1 lambda). I apply a voltage source to the driven antenna as
one would do and leave the other as it is, although I could apply a 50 ohm
load but I can't see this working since it absorbs much of the current,
which it shouldn't do. The results NEC gives are very much in
contradiction with measurements I have done so was wondering if anyone has
been able to find ways of overcoming the loading of parasitic
elements. Or, on the other hand is it at all possible? Thanks,
Tim.